All writing can benefit from a review by a professional editor. I have 15+ years of experience writing, editing and proofreading documents of all types (including letters, blog posts, newsletter articles, journal articles, business forms and employee manuals).
My editing/proofreading services focus on:
- Preserving the writer’s voice
- Eliminating awkward or confusing phrasing
- Ensuring continuity
- Encouraging an active voice
- Fixing grammatical and spelling mistakes.
My editing process involves five steps:
- Initial read
- Correct grammar and spelling mistakes
- Edit to improve readability and flow
- Edit to ensure continuity
- Final read to correct any other issues.
Whenever possible, I will provide you with two versions of your final piece—an edited version and a version in which each edit can be approved by you.
I can accept documents in Microsoft Word, Google Docs or Apple Pages.